In order to continue the program of consolidation and support of research excellence at Babeș-Bolyai University (UBB), the Scientific Council of UBB (CS-UBB) and the Institute of Advanced Studies in Science and Technology (STAR-UBB) are launching in 2022 academic applications for Fellowships within the project CNFIS-FDI-2022-0179. The project aims to promote and develop Open Science in its various forms (Open Access/Science Cloud/FAIR Data and Software etc.) within the network formed by STAR Institute and the research centres of excellence associated with UBB Academic Schools of Science, by awarding International Advanced Fellowships (IAF) focused on excellence, in order to develop (new) topics and research projects with Open Science implications.
- A maximum of four (4) International Advanced Fellowships are awarded to prestigious international researchers from abroad to contribute to the development of new topics and multi- and transdisciplinary research projects in collaboration with UBB’s laboratories, research centres or institutes (onsite or online, with an affiliation of at least 6 months at UBB), for conducting multi- and transdisciplinary scientific studies and publications;
- Fellowships are awarded to exceptional researchers (e.g., highly cited researchers, researchers from Top 500 universities etc.), who, through the proposed research topics, contribute to the development of multi- and transdisciplinary research of excellence within institutionally certified research units from UBB;
- The fellowships will be carried out from: September 1 to November 30, 2022;
- The scholarship for each International Advanced Fellowship is awarded for one month and is in the amount of 8000 RON (including the eventual trip to UBB, accommodation, daily allowance etc.);
- Each institutionally certified research unit may propose a foreign academic/researcher of excellence for a fellowship. A nomination covering UBB’s strategic RDI areas can be directly made by the CS-UBB Operational Board;
- Applications must be submitted between June 20 and June 30, 2022 to the Centre for Research Management (CMCS), by an e-mail addressed to Augusta Ploscariu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The application file must contain:
1. The CV in Europass format, including a list of relevant academic contributions of the candidate (maximum of 10 publications);
2. The project for International Advanced Fellowship, of maximum 3 pages, in free format; the project will describe the activities that are to be carried out in the proposed research unit will be described, with the highlighting of the Open Science component. STEAM (Science/Technology/Engineering/ ArtsHumanities/Mathematics) collaborations are an advantage;
3. The nomination from the institutionally certified research unit of UBB (or CS-UBB), including a detailed explanation of the measure in which the candidates will contribute to the development of new multi- and transdisciplinary research themes and projects in collaboration with UBB laboratories, centers or research institutes.
- As a result of the implementation of the project at UBB, each fellowship recipient is required to organize (online/onsite), under the aegis of the STAR-UBB Institute, at least one scientific conference/lecture/scientific seminar/workshop on a multi- or transdisciplinary research topic carried out in one of the research units or departments of the UBB Academic Schools of Science, as well as to produce and submit for publication, in journals/proceedings indexed by WoS/Scopus/Erih+, at least one scientific paper in collaboration with a UBB researcher/teaching staff member, on multi- and transdisciplinary scientific research topics relevant to the UBB Academic Schools of Science.
- The selection of applications will be made by the CS-UBB Operational Board/ Committee (taking into account the CV, the list of relevant academic publications/contributions, the project and the prestige of the university/RDI unit from abroad).
- Competition schedule:
|Launch of the competition||June 20, 2022|
|Submission of application files||June 20-30, 2022|
|Eligibility check – application evaluation||July 4-7, 2022|
|Informing the applicants of the preliminary evaluation results||July 8-12, 2022|
|Receipt of appeals||July 14-15, 2022, time interval 8:00 – 14:00|
|Information on the final results of the competition||July 18-20, 2022|