Investment I8. Development of a programme to attract highly specialised human resources from abroad in research, development and innovation activities
The Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitisation opens the call for “Attracting highly specialised human resources from abroad in research, development and innovation activities” as part of Romania’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP), Pillar III, Component C9/Investment No.8 (I8), 2021 – 2026.
Pillar III. Smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, which includes economic cohesion, jobs, productivity, competitiveness, research, development and innovation, and a fully functioning internal market with strong small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Component C9. PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR THE PRIVATE SECTOR, RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
Investment I8. Development of a programme to attract highly specialised human resources from abroad in research, development and innovation activities.
General objective: To support the national research and development system by attracting highly specialised human resources from abroad, which will create and develop research groups of excellence in leading scientific fields, contributing to the achievement of the objectives set out in the National Strategy for Research, Innovation and Smart Specialisation.
Open call: 03/10/2022 – 15/11/2022
Submission of grant applications: online, through the Centre for the Management of Scientific Research – UBB (CMCȘ); the administrative staff of the CMCȘ will upload the grant applications and supporting documents submitted by each individual applicant to the https://proiecte.pnrr.gov.ro platform.
All documents submitted with a project proposal will be signed by the host institution using an electronic signature.
CMCS-UBB contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The call details are available in the Applicant’s Guide: https://www.research.gov.ro/uploads/pnrr/suport-pentru-sectorul-privat-cercetare-dezvoltare-i-inovare/i8/ghidul-aplicantului-anexe-ro.pdf
The Applicant’s Guide and its addenda in English will be subsequently made available on the website of the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitisation: https://www.research.gov.ro/ro/articol/5628/programe-europene-planul-na-ional-de-redresare-i-rezilien-a-pnrr-componenta-9-suport-pentru-sectorul-privat-cercetare-dezvoltare-i-inovare .
Maximum budget/project: 7,000,000 lei;
Timeframe: minimum 24 months and maximum 36 months; projects will end no later than 30.06.2026.
- fundamental research activities, in accordance with GO 57/2002, as amended and supplemented in the scientific fields listed in Addendum 3 – Scientific fields;
- support activities for the implementation of the project;
- dissemination activities.
Eligible applicants: researchers from abroad, including Romanians in the diaspora, for whom starting or returning to a research career in Romania is a viable alternative. Through their previous experience, these researchers are expected to open up new research directions or add to the performance of existing ones, form solid research groups, attract other researchers from abroad, and last but not least, attract researchers in training and new research funds.
If the project proposal is accepted for funding, the project manager must spend at least 75% of the grant period at the host institution and will be employed by the host institution for the duration of the project.
|Launch of the competition||15/09/2022|
|Submission of grant applications||03/10/2022 – 15/11/2022, 16:00 hrs (Romania time zone)|
|Publication of eligibility results||06/12/2022|
|Filing eligibility appeals||07/12/2022 – 09/12/2022, 16:00 hrs (Romania time zone)|
|Publication of final eligibility results||16/12/2022|
|Assessment of grant applications||19/12/2022 – 08/05/2023|
|Publication of preliminary results||09/05/2023|
|Filing appeals||10/05/2023 – 12/05/2023, 16:00 hrs (Romania time zone)|
|Publication of the final list of projects proposed for funding||05/06/2023|
|Contracting projects approved for funding||June 2023|
- for supporting the applications submitted to the competition please refer to the UBB Administrative Council Decision no. 4766 / 02.05.2022 https://cercetare.ubbcluj.ro/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2022_05_02_HCA_4766_Procedura-de-sustinere-a-aplicatiilor-pentru-granturile-PNRR-Componenta-9-Initiativa-8.pdf
- applications for funding accompanied by addenda and supporting documentation will be submitted electronically addressed to CMCS-UBB (email: email@example.com) no later than 10.11.2022 at 12:00 pm;
- the project budgets (preliminary cost estimates) will be submitted to the CMCS-UBB for proofing prior to completing the grant applications.
- The application support scheme for PNRR grants, Component 9, Initiative 8 (ERC-like grant) for the development of a programme to recruit highly specialised human resources from abroad for research, development, innovation activities at UBB, as well as for other national/international grants running through Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca approved by the HCA 4766/02.05.2022