In order to continue the programme of strengthening and supporting research excellence at Babes-Bolyai University (UBB), the Scientific Council of UBB (CS-UBB) and the Institute for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology (STAR-UBB) are launching in 2021 academic applications for Fellowships within the project CNFIS-FDI-2021-0061. The project aims to increase the impact of research within UBB’s Academic Schools of Science by awarding excellence-focused Postdoctoral Advanced Fellowships (PAF) and International Advanced Fellowships (IAF) to develop new inter-, multi- and trans-disciplinary research themes and projects and to conduct scientific studies and publications in collaboration with UBB researchers.
International Advanced Fellowships
- Up to six (6) International Advanced Fellowships, targeting prestigious international researchers from abroad who contribute to the development of new inter-, multi- and transdisciplinary research themes and projects in collaboration with UBB laboratories, centers or research institutes (on-site or online, with a 6-month affiliation to UBB, from June to December 2021), for the production of multi- and transdisciplinary scientific studies and publications;
- The fellowships are awarded to outstanding researchers (e.g. highly cited researchers, researchers from Top 500 universities, etc.) who, through their proposed research topics, contribute to the development of multi- and transdisciplinary research of excellence within the institutionally certified research units of UBB;
- The fellowships will be carried out from September 1st to November 30th, 2021;
- The scholarship for each International Advanced Fellowship is awarded for one month (In the period from September 1st to November 30th, 2021) and is in the amount of 7500 RON (including the potential costs to travel to UBB, accommodation, per diem, etc.);
- Each institutionally certified research unit may nominate an outstanding foreign academic/researcher for a fellowship. The CS-UBB Operational Board can also directly make a nomination covering UBB’s strategic RDI areas;
- Applications must be submitted between May 27th and June 10th, 2021 to the Centre for Research Management (CMCS), by e-mail addressed to Mihaela Neamț (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The application file must contain:
- i) The CV in Europass format, including a list of relevant academic contributions of the candidate (maximum 10 publications);
- ii) The project for an International Advanced Fellowship, of maximum 3 pages, in free format; the project will describe the activities that are to be carried out in the nominating research unit. STEAM (Science/Technology/Engineering/ Arts & Humanities/Mathematics) collaborations are an advantage;
iii) The nomination from the institutionally certified UBB research unit (or CS-UBB), including a detailed explanation of the way in which candidates will contribute to the development of new multi- and transdisciplinary research themes and projects in collaboration with UBB laboratories, centers or research institutes; A nomination from a research unit of excellence is an advantage;
- As a result of the implementation of the project at UBB, each fellowship recipient is required to organize (online/on-site), under the umbrella of the STAR-UBB Institute, at least one scientific conference/lecture/scientific seminar/workshop on a multi- or trans-disciplinary research topic carried out in one of the research units or departments of the UBB Academic Schools of Science, as well as to produce and submit for publication, in journals/proceedings indexed by WoS/Scopus/Erih+, at least one scientific paper in collaboration with a UBB researcher/teaching staff member, on multi- and transdisciplinary scientific research topics relevant to the UBB Academic Schools of Science.
- The selection of applications will be made by the CS-UBB Operational Board/ Committee (taking into account the CV, the list of relevant academic publications/contributions, the project and the prestige of the foreign university/ research unit that the fellow comes from). An equitable distribution of fellowships among the UBB Academic Schools of Science will be taken into account.
- Competition schedule:
|Launch of the competition||May 26th, 2021|
|Submission of application files||May 27th – June 10th 2021, 14:00 EEST|
|Eligibility check – application evaluation||June 11th – 14th 2021|
|Informing the applicants of the preliminary evaluation results||June 15th 2021|
|Receipt of appeals||June 16th 2021, 14:00 EEST|
|Information on the final results of the competition||June 17th -18th 2021|